The following was taught and prayed through during our 6 a.m. prayer time with Joanne Summers
1 Tim 2:1-4
Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
- Oh, we bless You Lord. We bless the name of the Lord our God. Worthy is the Lamb who was slain for the sins of the world. Oh, there is victory in that name—it’s highly exalted. It’s the name above every name. Ha! Ha! Ha! At that name every knee, every circumstance, every situation—sickness and disease, lack and poverty shall bow. Thank You Father. Ha! Ha! Ha! Psalm 145:1 (TPT) – My heart explodes with praise to You! Now and forever my heart bows in worship to You, my King and my God! Let the earth and the heavens rejoice for the King of Glory has come. We declare that, “Jesus Christ reigns over Canada; over the people of this nation.” Ha! Ha! Ha! We say, “No plan or purpose of God for this nation shall be stopped.” Ha! Ha! An aligning. An aligning. Canada is lining up with God’s purposes. Every covert and hidden agenda of Satan shall be exposed and removed, in the name of Jesus. Oh a great awakening—the people of Canada are awakening unto righteousness and the fear of the Lord. Father send the rains. The rains—the rains of Your Spirit upon the earth—saturate and soften the hearts of men. Ha! Ha! The hearts of men open to the Word and the Spirit of God. Oh, we thank You Father. Ha! Ha! The Word running swiftly throughout the nations, penetrating darkness, exposing the lies and deception of Satan. The truth of the Word of God is prevailing, and the hearts of men are turning. Salvation comes—Ha! Ha! Deliverance comes! Restoration comes! Ha! Ha! Healing—spirit, soul, and body!
- Oh, we lift up our Prime Minister and his cabinet; the federal, provincial, and municipal government. We lift up our mayors’ offices and our city council men and women. We lift up our judges, our supreme court—righteousness shall reign in this nation. Ha! Ha! An overturning of ungodly laws set by men. Oh, the wisdom of God is dismantling the wisdom of men. Father we pray for every man and woman that You’ve placed in authority that they will fulfill their calling. Ha! Ha! You turn men according to You will and Your purpose. Let Your will be done in their lives Father. Ha! Ha!
- Father You so loved the world that You sent Your only begotten Son that whomsoever shall believe on Him shall not perish but have eternal life. Ha! Ha! Ha! As the labourers herald the Word, those in the valley of decision are receiving—ha! ha! eternal life. They’re finding eternal life in Christ. We cover the harvest; the labourers; and this nation under the blood of Jesus. We say, “No weapon formed against them or this nation shall prosper.” Angels on assignment—warring angels, defending angels, angels of prosperity. Ha! Ha! Oh, they’re ministering to God’s people. We thank You Father.
- We hold up Israel this morning. Peace! Peace be unto Jerusalem. Peace be unto the people of Israel. Ha! Ha! The blood of Jesus preserves them. The blood of Jesus keeps, restores, and makes whole. We thank You Father that all Israel’s needs are met according to the riches of Your glory. Great shall be the harvest. Great shall be the harvest. Strengthen the labourers—meet their needs for the work of the ministry Father and let the name of Jesus Christ be glorified in the land, we ask it in Jesus name. Thank You Lord. Thank You Lord.
2 Timothy 2:19-22 (TPT) – 19 But the firm foundation of God has written upon it these two inscriptions: “The Lord God recognizes those who are truly His!” and, “Everyone who worships the name of the Lord Jesus must forsake wickedness!” 20 In a palace you find many kinds of containers and tableware for many different uses. Some are beautifully inlaid with gold or silver, but some are made of wood or earthenware; some of them are used for banquets and special occasions, and some for everyday use. 21 But you, Timothy, must not see your life and ministry this way. Your life and ministry must not be disgraced, for you are to be a pure container of Christ and dedicated to the honourable purposes of your Master, prepared for every good work that He gives you to do. 22 Run as fast as you can from all the ambitions and lusts of youth; and chase after all that is pure. Whatever builds up your faith and deepens your love must become your holy pursuit. And live in peace with all those who worship our Lord Jesus with pure hearts.
2 Timothy 3:1-5 (TPT) – 1 But you need to be aware that in the final days the culture of society will become extremely fierce and difficult for the people of God. 2 People will be self-centered lovers of themselves and obsessed with money. They will boast of great things as they strut around in their arrogant pride and mock all that is right. They will ignore their own families. They will be ungrateful and ungodly. 3 They will become addicted to hateful and malicious slander. Slaves to their desires, they will be ferocious, belligerent haters of what is good and right. 4 With brutal treachery, they will act without restraint, bigoted and wrapped in clouds of their conceit. They will find their delight in the pleasures of this world more than the pleasures of the loving God. 5 They may pretend to have a respect for God, but in reality they want nothing to do with God’s power. Stay away from people like these!
Word Wealth 2:22 lust, epithumia: Strong’s #1939 – A strong desire and intense craving for something. Three times it applies to good desires (Luke 22:15; Philippians 1:23; 1 Thessalonians 2:17). Its other uses are negative, such as gratifying sensual cravings, desiring the forbidden, longing for the evil, coveting what belongs to someone else, and striving for things, persons, or experiences contrary to the will of God.
Word Wealth 2:22 Flee sin; pursue righteousness, GODLINESS AND MORAL PURITY. The Bibles call to constant maturity is a reminder of God’s desire to see us grow up—to mature in His grace and be strengthened to resist temptation. One way we resist temptation is to “flee” from it. 1 Timothy 2:22 calls us first to “flee”; then to “pursue,” reminding us that throughout our lives we are either moving from or toward something that summons our interest. Paul is speaking to a younger man, as though to say, “You’re either chasing or being chase!” When godliness is our goal, we pursue the indisputable values of the born-again lifestyle: 1) righteousness (“correct standing” before God, demonstrated toward others); 2. faith (“thorough persuasion of and reliance” upon God, manifested toward others): and 3. love (“benevolent affection” toward God, revealed toward others).
1 John 2:3-6 (TPT) – 3 Here’s how we can be sure that we’ve truly come to know God: if we keep His commands. 4 If someone claims, “I have come to know God by experience,” yet doesn’t keep God’s commands, he is a phony and the truth finds no place in him. 5 But the love of God will be perfected within the one who obeys God’s Word. We can be sure that we’ve truly come to live in intimacy with God, 6 not just by saying, “I am intimate with God,” but by walking in the footsteps of Jesus.
Isaiah 35:8 (AMPC) – And a highway shall be there, and a way; and it shall be called the Holy Way. The unclean shall not pass over it, but it shall be for the redeemed; the wayfaring men, yes, the simple ones and fools, shall not err in it and lose their way.
We are praying for the People of God to sanctify themselves—allowing the Word and the Spirit to bring us into a place of holiness that makes us fit for the Master’s use. Proverbs 16:17 (TPT) – Repenting from evil, places you on the highway of holiness. Protect purity and you protect your life.
- Oh, we thank You Father. We thank You for the blood, it not only saves, it heals, and it delivers. It washes us, it purifies us and perfects us, and we thank You Father. We come boldly before the throne of grace and we ask You Holy Spirit to help us. Father where we’ve been blinded by the enemy—open our eyes to see. Open our ears to hear the voice of Your Spirit that would say to us, “Walk this way, the highway of holiness—the narrow way that leads to life.” Allowing Your Word Father to wash our minds. Allowing Your Word to sanctify us daily. That we allow the Holy Spirit to teach us, guide us, and correct us, for He speaks only what the Father and the Son tells Him to. Father that we would flee evil—the very appearance of evil. Strengthen us Father God to stand and resist temptations when they come—resist with the Word of Truth that will set our enemies to flight. We cover our minds with the blood of Jesus. We say this morning, “Your sheep know Your voice and another they won’t answer.” Ha! Ha! Ha! They won’t answer Satan, they won’t answer the flesh, they won’t answer the world’s call—but they will heed the voice of their Father who is in heaven. “Separate yourselves from the world. People of God hear this morning—separate yourselves from the world. It will tarnish you and take you off the highway of holiness. Heed the voice of the Spirit this morning.” Oh, we thank You Father. We thank You Father. Submitted and committed lives. We Your people well seek the face of our God and allow the Spirit and the Word to transform us into the image of Christ and we thank You for it, in Jesus name. Thank You Lord. Ha! Ha! Repentant hearts, repentant hearts humbled before God. Every mountain brought low and every valley lifted. We thank You Father.