The following was taught and prayed through during our 6 a.m. prayer time with Joanne Summers
1 Tim 2:1-4
Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
- Oh, we just welcome You here this morning Holy Spirit. We’re here for kingdom purpose, to pray the will of the Father for this day and for things to come. Glory, glory hallelujah!
- Father You commanded up to pray according to 1 Timothy 2:1-6 (TPT). Father we are witnesses in the earth. We are obedient children of God heeding Your Word. We pray for our government this morning. For our Prime Minister and his office; for the federal, provincial, and municipal government. We pray for our mayors’ offices and city council men and women. We pray for our judges. We pray for our police officers, the armed forces, and those that guard our borders. We pray for godly wisdom; we pray for a desire to honour God and to obey His commandments. We pray that uprightness would not be dwell in our government (those in authority). Men and women of honour and integrity and who walk in the fear of God. Oh, Father winnow out, take out those who are ungodly and who fight against Your plans and purposes. Oh, grant unto them ears to hear and a willingness to do what is right for this nation and for the good of the people—we pray this in Jesus name. Oh, conviction for our Prime Minister Lord God, he’s fighting against You and that’s a dangerous thing. Convict his heart. Convict his heart of those things that are unrighteous. Oh, Your wisdom dismantling the wisdom of men Father. A turning around in our government—a turning back to righteousness, a turning back to truth. A putting away of all that is evil. We plead of the blood of Jesus over this nation. Lord preserve and keep us. We Your people ask this Father in the name of Jesus.
- Father we lift up President Trump. Father You said You would bless those who bless Your people—and there is a curse upon those who do not. President Trump has stood for Israel and has stood for Your Church. Father God, bless him, bless him. Preserve him. Ministering angels, this morning, bring a word of encouragement. Warring angels stand guard around him and his family—keeping and protecting them. We speak peace into his heart this morning—the peace of God that passes all understanding. Father put godly people around him that will speak truth into his heart and into his life—godly counsel, words of wisdom, words that direct. Show him the hidden thing that he needs to see so he can make wise decisions. Lord let the Church rise up and stand behind him—he is the man for this hour. Forgive the Church where we have said vile things against him. Bitter and sweet cannot come out of the mouth at the same time. Hatred and love don’t co-habit. Awaken the Church to this truth.
- Oh, we lift up the precious souls Lord God that don’t know You yet. Oh Lord God a great awakening, a great awakening! We call forth the angel of the harvest and the angel of awakening! A drawing Lord God, a drawing. A hungering and thirsting after righteousness. We bind every vile spirit that would try and hinder these precious souls—we uproot you in Jesus name. The spirit of deception, spirit of pride, lying spirits we say, “You are defeated in Jesus name.” The blood prevails over the harvest: individuals, families, neighbourhoods, our nation and the nations of the earth. A great harvest coming in without number. Oh, rain down Holy Spirit—rain down—saturate, soften the hearts of men that they will receive the gospel of Christ. That they receive the Word with gladness, holding fast to the truth and not letting it go. Fruit bearers—they bear fruit for the kingdom of God.
- Labourers with a word in season. The love of God flowing out of them as they minister the Word. The compassion of God moving them to act. Father God touch them—a fresh anointing, strength being imparted. They’re about the Master’s business. They’re not going to be distracted; they’re not going to be stopped; they know the heart of God is for men to be saved.
- We pray for the peace of Jerusalem and for the government of Israel. We cover them under the blood of Jesus. Oh, we say, “Angels of protection, angels of provision, messenger angels are all on assignment this morning.” Strength to the people of God in Israel. Open doors open doors—You’re opening doors for them to go through and minister the Word that will transform lives. We thank You Father. Thank You Lord.
It is very encouraging that in a world of change and decay there are some things which can never be shaken. In Hebrews 12 we learn that a time of shaking is to be expected, for the writer predicts that there is coming a terrible time in the world when everything, except certain things which can never be shaken, will be dissolved and removed – 2 Peter 3:10 (TPT) – The day of the Lord will come and take everyone by surprise—as unexpected as a home invasion. The atmosphere will be set on fire and vanish with a horrific roar, and the heavenly bodies will melt away as in a tremendous blaze. The earth and every activity of man will be laid bare.
Confidence is in the things that can never be shaken:
1. The Throne of God can never be shaken – Psalm 45:6 (TPT) – Your glory-kingdom, O God, endures forever, for You are enthroned to rule with a justice-scepter in Your hand!
2. The Word of God can never be shaken – Peter 1:23-25 (TPT) – 23 For through the eternal and living Word of God you have been born again. And this “seed” that He planted within you can never be destroyed but will live and grow inside of you forever. For: 24 Human beings are frail and temporary, like grass, and the glory of man fleeting like blossoms of the field. The grass dries and withers and the flowers fall off, 25 but the Word of the Lord endures forever! And this is the Word that was announced to you!
a) Its promises can never be shaken.
b) Its power can never be shaken
c) Its prophecies can never be shaken
3. The true Church of God can never be shaken – Matthew 16:18-19 (VOICE) – This is why I have called you Peter (rock): for on this rock I will build My church. The church will reign triumphant even at the gates of hell. 19 Peter, I give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
4. The children of God can never be shaken – Romans 8:38-39 (TPT) – 38 So now I live with the confidence that there is nothing in the universe with the power to separate us from God’s love. I’m convinced that his love will triumph over death, life’s troubles, fallen angels, or dark rulers in the heavens. There is nothing in our present or future circumstances that can weaken his love. 39 There is no power above us or beneath us—no power that could ever be found in the universe that can distance us from God’s passionate love, which is lavished upon us through our Lord Jesus, the Anointed One!
a) All power and authority has been given to the children of God to overcome all their adversaries – Luke 10:19 (TPT) – Now you understand that I have imparted to you all My authority to trample over his kingdom. You will trample upon every demon before you and overcome every power Satan possesses. Absolutely nothing will be able to harm you as you walk in this authority.
We are praying for those in the Body of Christ that have been shaken by the troubles taking place in this world; trials and tribulations of this life; oppression and depression of the mind; trouble in their family, finances, health.
- Father this morning we stand on behalf of those in the Body of Christ who have been shaken by the troubles of this life. We declare we don’t trust in man or draw strength from mere flesh. We refuse to lean on our own understanding. We declare Your Word alone, which is the anchor of our souls and strength to our spirit – 5 Father we are standing in absolute stillness, silent before the One we love, waiting as long as it takes for You to rescue us. Only You are our Savior, and You will not fail us. 6 For You alone are our safe place. Your wrap-around presence always protects us as our Champion Defender. There’s no risk of failure with You! So why would we let worry paralyze us, even when troubles multiply around us? 7 Your glory is all around us! Your wrap-around presence is all we need, for You Lord are our Savior, our Hero, and our life-giving strength. (personalized) – Psalm 62:5-7 (TPT). Father help us to understand this truth. Help us to put this into our hearts. Holy Spirit we cry out for Your help—lead us back to the Word. Bring to our remembrance what we’ve heard and learned. We look to You Father God. You’re our strength; You’re our deliverer; You’re our hope; You provide; You protect; You surround us Lord God with Your presence. Those that are shaken Lord God, help them to come back to the place where there is fullness of joy. Holy Spirit remind them that the Father has never left them, nor will He forsake them in their times of trouble. People of God, take your eyes off the world; take your eyes of the circumstances, situations, the problems. Look to the One Who has paid for it all. No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly. A returning Father—those who’ve wondered away from the Word. They’re returning to the Word that endures forever. Oh, we cover every mind with the blood of Jesus. We bind and break that spirit of confusion in the name of Jesus. We bind that spirit of fear that has intimidated the people of God. Your Word says You have not given us a spirit of far but of power, love, and a sound mind and we hold fast to that. Father where there is sin that has caused broken fellowship with You let there be repentance this morning. Father forgive us of those sins that have grieved Your Spirit. We return to the Word that will wash us. We return to the Word that will transform our minds—we have the mind of Christ.
- Lord, even when Your path takes us through the valley of deepest darkness, fear will never conquer us, for You already have! You remain close to us and lead us through it all the way. Your authority is our strength and our peace. The comfort of Your love takes away our fear. We’ll never be lonely, for You are near. Father You have left us with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace You gave is a gift the world cannot give. This morning we say, “We will not be troubled, we will not be afraid (personalized) – Psalm 23:4 (TPT). We we will not be moved. We will stand on Your Word that is unshakable, it’s undefeatable. We keep our eyes on You Father—the Author and Finisher of our faith. Thank You for Your Holy Spirit who helps us. We draw on Him this morning. Thank You Father.