The following was taught and prayed through during our 6 a.m. prayer time with Joanne Summers
1 Tim 2:1-4
Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
- Thank You Father for this day—this is the day You have made, and I will rejoice in it. Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Let the name of Jesus be glorified in this nation—be exalted Lord. I declare this morning the You reign from sea to sea and have dominion. Let the Spirit of the Lord reign down on this land—saturate this land! Father we pray according to 1 Timothy 2:1-4—for all men and those in seats of authority.
- Father we declare this morning that Canada shall be a land of peace and safety. Father that the fear of the Lord would be upon our government and that You would grant unto them Your wisdom and discernment of the day in which we live: The Prime Minister and his cabinet; the federal, provincial, municipal governments; mayors offices; city council men and women; our judges. Father we bind and uproot every ungodly spirit that would influence those in authority—that spirit of deception, that spirit that blinds and causes men to not hear, the spirit of lies and manipulation, in Jesus’ name. Father expose every covert and hidden operation of Satan this morning. We pray for the upcoming elections—Father, have Your way. Place the men and women as You see fit. Father we lift up our armed forces that are deployed—preservation of life Father. Angelic protect for them and wisdom for the military leaders. Father expose the plans of those that would bring death and destruction. Father be with their families, protect, comfort; provide all that they need as these men and women serve this nation.
- Lord of the Harvest send forth Your labours. We thank You for providing for their needs; filling them with Your Mighty Spirit—the Word of God overflowing their hearts and reaching those to whom You would send them to. Father we pray that You would give them boldness to preach and declare the gospel of Jesus Christ which is the power of God unto salvation. Spirit of God move upon the harvest—piercing the hearts of men—bringing conviction of sin that leads to true repentance and an acknowledgement that Jesus Christ is the One True God.
- Oh, the blood of Jesus, the blood of Jesus! Father we cover this nation, our city, the Niagara region, the Church our harvest, our families under the mighty blood of Jesus. The blood of Jesus has the power to save, heal and deliver and we thank You Father. The blood is even now speaking on our behalf. Thank You Lord for Your blood.
- Father we pray for the peace and protection of Jerusalem and the people of Israel. Thank You for granting the government Your wisdom and discernment this morning—understanding of the times and knowing what to do and how to do it. Father we pray for the spirit of evangelism in the Church. Father meet the needs of Your Church to complete the work of the ministry—according to Your riches in glory—thank You Father.
Hebrews 10:32-39 (MSG) – Remember those early days after you first saw the light? Those were the hard times! Kicked around in public, targets of every kind of abuse—some days it was you, other days your friends. If some friends went to prison, you stuck by them. If some enemies broke in and seized your goods, you let them go with a smile, knowing they couldn’t touch your real treasure. Nothing they did bothered you, nothing set you back. So don’t throw it all away now. You were sure of yourselves then. It’s still a sure thing! But you need to stick it out, staying with God’s plan so you’ll be there for the promised completion. It won’t be long now, He’s on the way; He’ll show up most any minute.
But anyone who is right with Me thrives on loyal trust; if he cuts and runs, I won’t be very happy.
But we’re not quitters who lose out. Oh, no! We’ll stay with it and survive, trusting all the way.
2 Peter 3:10-18 (TPT) – 10 The day of the Lord will come and take everyone by surprise—as unexpected as a home invasion. The atmosphere will be set on fire and vanish with a horrific roar, and the heavenly bodies will melt away as in a tremendous blaze. The earth and every activity of man will be laid bare. 11 Since all these things are on the verge of being dismantled, don’t you see how vital it is to live a holy life? We must be consumed with godliness 12 while we anticipate and help to speed up the coming of the day of God, when the atmosphere will be set on fire and the heavenly bodies consumed in a blaze. 13 But as we wait, we trust in God’s royal proclamation to be fulfilled. There are coming heavens new in quality, and an earth new in quality, where righteousness will be fully at home. 14 So, my beloved friends, with all that you have to look forward to, may you be eager to be found living pure lives when you come into His presence, without blemish and filled with peace. 15 And keep in mind that our Lord’s extraordinary patience simply means more opportunity for salvation, just as our dear brother Paul wrote to you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16 He consistently speaks of these things in all of his letters, even though he writes some concepts that are overwhelming to our understanding, which the unlearned and unstable love to twist to their spiritual ruin, as they do to other Scriptures. 17 As for you, divinely loved ones, since you are forewarned of these things, be careful that you are not led astray by the error of the lawless and lose your firm grip on the truth. 18 But continue to grow and increase in God’s grace and intimacy with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. May He receive all the glory both now and until the day eternity begins. Amen!
Hebrews 3:12-14 (TPT) – 12 So search your hearts every day, my brothers and sisters, and make sure that none of you has evil or unbelief hiding within you. For it will lead you astray and make you unresponsive to the living God. 13 This is the time to encourage each other to never be stubborn or hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. 14 For we are mingled with the Messiah, if we will continue unshaken in this confident assurance from the beginning until the end.
Hebrews 3:6 (TPT) – But Christ is more than a Servant, He was faithful as the Son in charge of God’s house. And now we are part of His house if we continue courageously to hold firmly to our bold confidence and our victorious hope.
1 John 2:24 (TPT) – So you must be sure to keep the message burning in your hearts; that is, the message of life you heard from the beginning. If you do, you will always be living in close fellowship with the Son and with the Father.
We are praying for the Body of Christ (including those yet to come) that we will remain steadfast and confident in Jesus Christ unto the end—we are overcomers by the Blood of the Lamb….May grace and perfect peace cascade over you as you live in the rich knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. 2 Peter 1:2 (TPT)
- Father help us to remain anchored in the Word of Truth and Your Holy Spirit. Father protect us from the snares and traps of the enemy. Help us to remain faithful to You to the end. Father Your Word said in 2 Thessalonians 3:3 (TPT) – But the Lord Yahweh is always faithful to place you on a firm foundation and guard you from the Evil One.
- Father we thank You for Your grace that is more than sufficient. Thank You for Your Holy Spirit Who teaches, corrects, comforts and leads us into all Truth. Father that at the end of our course we will be able to say like Paul said in 1 Timothy 4:5-8 (TPT) – 7 I have fought an excellent fight. I have finished my full course and I’ve kept my heart full of faith. 8 There’s a crown of righteousness waiting in heaven for me, and I know that my Lord will reward me on his day of righteous judgment. And this crown is not only waiting for me, but for all who love and long for his unveiling.
- Father that we will be the ones that influence and not the ones being influenced—that we bring Your Word and truth to the world—that the name of Jesus be glorified. Thank You Father Your goodness and mercy follow us all the days of our lives and we shall dwell in Your house forever. Amen